Group Progress Presentation

This week we decided it was best if we all made our own individual blog posts to talk about our project. Last time, we recorded a Zoom call. It is getting harder to communicate across our group and have times that work for everyone! That is just something that we are learning how to deal with.

So far, I have completed three interviews with each one getting progressively better. Because we are using Zoom and Zoom’s recording features, I have to be really aware of talking over them and shifting the recording image to me. Since my first interview, we all figured out that it would be better for me to mute my microphone as frequently as I can to ensure that the recording image is over my interviewee. So, with muting my microphone, I end up nodding my head vigorously to show that I am listening to what is being said, ahaha.

This past week, we also started discussing metadata and inputing items into our Omeka site. Megan, who is in charge of inputing a lot of our artifacts, has reached out and asked for our help in sorting through the Special Collections’ newspaper mentions of Dr. Farmer. Over the next few weeks, we will be focusing a lot more on metadata inputs and discussing how we want these exhibits to be laid out. I think figuring out a strong narrative to carry these artifacts will take the longest time to figure out while inputing all of the metadata fields will take the longest time to complete.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *